Anyone who has suffered injuries from a car accident knows that the pain can be unbearable, with a long road to recovery. In fact, car accidents are a leading cause of injuries. Last year, WorldAtlas.comreported Texas as the #6 U.S. state for the most car accidents.
Neuromuscular therapy is a highly effective method for managing pain symptoms from a car accident. This form of massage therapy focuses on the relationship between the muscles and nerves in the body to restore proper balance and function, which also helps speed up the healing process.
Damaged soft tissues in the body may cause trigger points to form. Trigger points, or muscle knots, are small patches of tightly contracted muscles that can cause pain after an injury or accident. These tight bands of knotted muscle can also cause radiating pain to develop in other areas of the body.
Ignoring your symptoms after you’ve been in a wreck could be detrimental to your health later. Even small auto accidents can lead to serious injuries to your body. Here are some reasons to consider massage therapy after you’ve been in a wreck.
The Most Common Injuries After A Car Wreck
- Neck Injuries-The sudden force of being hit in a car accident stretches and tears the muscles and tendons in your neck causing whiplash that can take six weeks to heal.
- Back Injuries– Delayed back pain after a car accident is very common and could become chronic, this includes damage to the spinal cord, sprains and pinched nerves.
- Headaches– A head injury is one of the most serious car accident injuries. The pain from inflamed and irritated muscles, tendons, and nerves that surround the neck migrate up to the head.
Benefits of Neuromuscular Therapy
- Restores full range of motion– By manipulating muscles, connective tissues, tendons, ligaments, and joints neuromuscular therapy improves flexibility and movement.
- Soothes muscle spasms– The technique used by neuromuscular therapists is a specialized form of massage that applies pressure to specific areas to release areas of strain and reduce pain.
- Promotes blood circulation to injured areas– Neuromuscular therapy addresses trigger points that develop after a car wreck, and supplies them with the oxygen and nutrients needed for the muscle to relax.
If you’ve been in a car accident and are looking for a new way to manage pain, neuromuscular therapy may be right for you. Your sessions could even be covered by your insurance provider or with the PIP (Personal Injury Protection) portion of your auto insurance. Of course, always check with your physician and/or auto insurance provider for your policy details.
Don’t let an acute injury after a car wreck turn into a long-term problem—treat your pain at Myopress Neuromuscular Therapy today! We offer safe, effective, and non-invasive treatments to help you return to a healthy, active lifestyle as soon as possible.
To learn more about treating whiplash, or to schedule a free consultation, please contact us at (832) 523-2137.